Law School classes cover a wide range of topics, and vary in size and format to include courses, seminars, simulations, colloquia, clinics, and externships.
NYU Law offers more than 300 courses in 16 areas of study. Our academics combines rigorous examination of the law's theoretical bases with a real grounding in the practical aspects of lawyering. The Law School also offers 45+ clinics, 10 colloquia, more than 50 international courses as well as the specially created NYU Law Abroad.
- Course Catalog: Every course NYU Law offers, including reading groups and externships.
- Course Updates: The latest news on what's being offered--and what's not.
- Schedule of Classes: When and where classes are held.
- Course Syllabi and Assignments: Know what's expected in your class.
- Advising: Where to go to get help choosing your courses.
- Required First-Year Courses: What you need to take as a 1L.
- Course Selection Tips for 2ls
- Course Selection Tips for 3Ls
- Learning Outcomes: What you should leave the class knowing.
- Formative Assessment links
- Clearing Prices for Closed Classes
- Course and Faculty Evaluations: Log in to find out what other students think.
- Faculty and Research: Read about faculty research and areas of expertise.
- Faculty Profiles and Directory: Directory for Faculty
Register and Participate
- Courses: The Law School's dedicated bidding system.
- Brightspace: The University's learning management system.
- Evaluate Courses and Faculty: Add your feedback (only available at semester's end).
LLM (Non-Tax), Advanced Certificate, Tax LLM, and MSL
The Law School’s online course catalog is a rich source of information about classes; the links on this page provide additional tools to guide you in making decisions about your academic program.
Registration begins during summer when students select classes. Staff of the Office of Graduate Tax is available then and throughout the registration process to refer you to resources and provide one-on-one advisement via video conferencing, phone or in-person meetings.
Please visit our website for more information on Registration.