City agencies, non-profit organizations, technology companies, consulting firms, and other public and private organizations are increasingly looking for data scientists and analytics experts to unlock the potential of their data. NYU CUSP’s Online Advanced Certificate offers training in these in-demand skills to propel your career in the field of urban science. Our expert faculty members will serve as your mentors in using data for social good – helping cities around the world become more productive, livable, equitable, and resilient.
Using synchronous online coursework with support videos and materials, you will explore how data analytics can help solve challenges faced by growing cities worldwide.
The Online Advanced Certificate is designed for:
- Anyone with previous studies or professional experience in Urban Informatics.
- Public officials or city employees without a STEM background with a desire to learn how to use data to improve urban policy making or city operations.
- Working professionals interested in the intersection of data and cities.
- Researchers or consultants currently working to solve complex urban problems.
- International students or professionals interested in using data for social good in cities around the world
To be eligible for consideration to the CUSP Online Advanced Certificate, you must submit the following. For more details on each aspect of your application please refer to NYU Tandon’s application requirements.
- Online Application Form
- Application Fee
- Personal Statement
- Official Transcripts and Degree Conferral
- GRE Scores (optional)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Supplemental Questions
- English Language Proficiency Testing (if applicable)
- All applicants for the Online Advanced Certificate must demonstrate excellent English language skills in reading, writing, speaking, and comprehension. Please review the English Language Requirement Waiver Form to see if you are eligible to waive this requirement.