Admission and Application Process for the DDS Program
All applicants to the 4-year DDS program must apply through AADSAS.
Applicants to the 2.5-year Advanced Standing program must apply through ADEA CAAPID.
Admission and Application Process for Advanced Standing Programs
All applicants must apply for admission through PASS. Detailed information on the application process for each of the six specialty programs can be found on each program's web page.
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, 6-year MD Program
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, 4-year Certificate Program
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Pediatric Dentistry
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. or Canadian college or university, or a professional degree in dentistry, medicine, nursing, pharmacy, or other relevant professional field that is the U.S. equivalent of a bachelor’s degree.
Applicants must submit the following items as part of the admission process:
- A completed online application, with the following supporting documents:
- Academic transcripts
- Personal statement
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official GRE test scores. We will also accept the DAT, MCAT, USMLE, NBDE Part I or Part II, or INBDE.
- Application fee of $100 (*See below for information regarding the Application Fee Waiver Policy)
Applicants with a bachelor’s degree from a school outside of the U.S. or Canada are required to submit a course-by-course evaluation from Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) and official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The ECE evaluation must verify equivalency to a bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited U.S. institution
Please note that applications that are incomplete will not be reviewed. All supporting materials, including transcripts and applicable test scores, etc. need to be submitted by the application deadline.
Application Fee Waiver Policy
NYU College of Dentistry is committed to recruiting a diverse student body.
Fee waivers for the NYU College of Dentistry application fee are granted based on one of the following criteria:
- Financial hardship
- U.S. military members / U.S. veterans
- Teach for America alumni
To request an application fee waiver, please submit a request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submitting your application.
The request should include your full name, program and degree to which you are applying for and the following documents:
- Copy of your most recent Student Aid Report, (SAR) for financial hardship, or
- Documentation of service if you meet the other criteria
If you have been out of school, and do not have a SAR, you may send a copy of your most recent tax return, form 1040. Please include all pages of the tax form.
We will notify you via email once your request for an application fee waiver has been approved.