The School of Professional Studies (SPS) will grant an Executive Master of Science in Marketing and Strategic Communications (EMSMSC) after the successful completion of 30-credits. The program aims to graduate marketing and communications professionals better equipped to lead and drive business growth in a range of product and service categories across a number of geographic markets, and ready to assume more senior roles such as Chief Marketing Oﬃcer (CMO) or Chief Communications Oﬃcer (CCO).
The program is targeted towards two major populations:
- marketing and communications executives, with a minimum of 8 years of experience or more, who wish to advance in their careers, with a deeper, more up-to-date set of skills, and
- for marketing and communications practitioners, established in one industry vertical who want to switch direction by working in another industry (e.g., moving from ﬁnancial services marketing to beauty and luxury marketing).
We also expect some seasoned professionals from adjacent ﬁelds, like sales and operations, who are interested in broadening their porfolio and capabilities, to include marketing and communication, in order to better prepare themselves for more operational roles such as General Managers and Regional Presidents. Indeed, the broader opportunity for the program is ensuring that graduates are trained to enter and thrive in the new emerging roles like “Chief Growth Oﬃcer” or “Chief Experience Oﬃcer.” i.e., prepared to think expansively and critically about the challenges of driving business growth and integrating several related functions into a cohesive unit.
All applicants to the School of Professional Studies (SPS) are required to submit the general application requirements, which include:
- Application Fee
- College/University Transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Degree Requirements
- Kira Talent Assessment
- Degree-Specific Requirements
- English Language Assessment
- Pearson Versant English Placement Test
- International Transcript Evaluation
- International Student Visa Requirements
See degree specific application requirements for instructions specific to this program.