- A BS in nursing or BS/BA in a non-nursing field together with an associate's degree in nursing
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- NYS nursing license prior to beginning coursework
- Prior to entering the specialty courses of a respective nursing master's program, at least one year of full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse is required.
- Must have taken a basic statistics course and a basic research course at the undergraduate level
Additional Program-Specific Requirements
Adult-Gerontology Primary Care
- At least one year of clinical nursing experience is required at the time of application.
Adult-Gerontology Acute Care
- At least one year of clinical nursing experience with adults and older adults is required at the time of application. Critical care experience preferred.
- Prior to entering the specialty courses of the pediatrics program, at least one year of full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse in pediatrics is required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification is required prior to entering the first clinical pediatric clinical course.
- At least one year of full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse in psychiatric mental health is required at the time of application.
- One year of full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse may be substituted by other equivalent experience in the psychiatric field, psychology, or another closely related social science field subject to approval. Please contact Prof. Donna McCabe to find out if your experience can substitute for RN work experience.
- Prior to entering the specialty courses of the nursing education program, at least three years of full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse is required.
Technical Standards Requirements
Applicants must meet the Technical Standards for Core Professional Nursing Competency Performance in order to be eligible for admission to, progress in, and graduate from the nursing program.
Criminal Background Check Policy
All nursing students will be required to complete a series of clinical learning experiences in order to successfully meet the learning outcomes for a given program of study. Prior to participating in clinical learning experiences at any off-campus healthcare facility, students are required to complete a criminal background check and a drug test. Each clinical facility has policies regarding possible convictions and potential drug use that may bar students from being accepted at the facility for clinical placement. You may read more about this policy.
Equal Opportunity Statement
NYU Meyers does not discriminate due to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Prospective students of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply for all of our programs.