During this 15-credit program, students are permitted to consecutively earn both their Master of Public Health (MPH) degree and the Advanced Certificate. Students will earn credits from specific courses that are currently required or accepted as an elective for some concentrations. Thus, these credits will also satisfy the MPH degree requirements.
Who Should Enroll?
Students enrolled in the NYU MPH program are eligible to do this certificate if they are in the following concentrations: Community Health Sciences and Practice, Environmental and Public Health Sciences, Epidemiology, Global Health, Public Health Policy and Management, Social and Behavioral Sciences, and Sustainable Development Goals.
Current NYU GPH students should fill out the online application found here.
Non-NYU students should apply online through SOPHAS Express, the common application for schools and programs of public health. In order to be eligible for the certificate, you must hold the following:
- Bachelor's degree or US equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2.75 cumulative undergraduate GPA
To apply, you must submit your application as well as the following materials:
- Scanned copies of transcripts for all post-secondary education completed, regardless of whether a degree was awarded
- Resume or CV
- Personal statement of no longer than 1200 words expressing a rationale for pursuing the certificate
- 1 letter of support from either a professional or academic reference
The certificate programs are offered during the fall, spring, and summer terms and follow the NYU academic calendar.