The Advanced Certificate in Public Health program offers graduate-level courses administered entirely online to equip professionals with essential knowledge and training in core public health concepts. After completing the certificate program, you have the foundations you need to begin the Master of Health (MPH) degree program at NYU, or you may be eligible to take the Certified in Public Health (CPH) exam.
Who Should Enroll?
The Advanced Certificate in Public Health is targeted to public health practitioners who are working in local, state, and federal departments of public health, as well as health related professionals working in community and non-governmental agencies, hospitals, and other health care facilities.
The certificate is also appropriate for students who are interested in the NYU Master of Public Health (MPH) degree but are unable to enroll in or attend an in-person program at this time.
Certified in Public Health (CPH) Exam
After completing the NYU GPH Advanced Certificate in Public Health, you may be eligible to take the Certified Public Health (CPH) exam.
Current NYU GPH students should fill out the online application found here.
Non-NYU students should apply online through SOPHAS Express, the common application for schools and programs of public health. In order to be eligible for the certificate, you must hold the following:
- Bachelor's degree or US equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2.75 cumulative undergraduate GPA
To apply, you must submit your application as well as the following materials:
- Scanned copies of transcripts for all post-secondary education completed, regardless of whether a degree was awarded
- Resume or CV
- Personal statement of no longer than 1200 words expressing a rationale for pursuing the certificate
- 1 letter of support from either a professional or academic reference
The certificate programs are offered during the fall, spring, and summer terms and follow the NYU academic calendar.